Tuesday 24 February 2015

Hippos and Crocodile and Sophies, Oh My!

Hello everyone! Welcome to all our new readers, and especially to our old friends :) We love reading every single one of your comments, on here and on Facebook and Instagram

Remember how I started a list a few weeks ago to try and keep me on track and get done the things I needed to get done? Well, I finished 4 scarves, my Sophie, and the Happypotamus to enter into the Sydney Royal Easter Show this week! I also did too much housework which has led to me being crashingly exhausted - there's definitely a lesson in that.

The Happypotamus is the new, improved Captain Poprocks style, and definitely needs a name. What would you call it? There's no obvious signs of it being male or female (I've checked), so don't feel restrained on that count :P 



I also got some wonderful feedback from the beautiful mum who ordered the Crocodile Stitch Booties I've been raving about. Despite it being 40°C in Adelaide, the little one insisted on wearing her "favourite gumboots", and would only take them off to sleep if they were right there on the bedside table! It doesn't get much better than that :D




On that delightful high note, here is our progress on the Sophie's Universe CAL for this week!! The roses are absolutely gorgeous, by themselves... 



... and in a row... 




I love the flower "growing" on the short side! 



An artsy sideways shot so you can see all the wonderful textures.


And the full banana! I'm going to have to extend the dining table for the next photo - it is almost as wide as the table now! I had to block it at this stage so that it stayed flat, and didn't just curl up all over the place.


And here is Kathryn's update photo from last week :) She's done a few more rows since this was taken, but this is to the end of Part 6. 



Nicole is up to the first row of popcorns! I love her vibrant colour choices - it's going to be a tropical garden :)




So many photos! I hope you are enjoying our Sophie progress updates :)  Don't forget to comment with your name for the Happypotamus! 

18 comments :

  1. Lovely Sophies! The Happypotamus might be Mrs. Poprocks. I think Captain Poprocks finally needs a girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea! That's a good idea for the hippo name :P Do you think Mrs Poprocks also has a military rank?

      Delete
    2. If yes, it must be definitely General (4 stars of course). *LOL*

      Delete
    3. Excellent. I think as soon as I know whether she's coming back from the Easter Show I'll set them up on a date! Hip hip hooraypotamus!

      Delete
    4. This is gorgeous!! I only wish how to make this...��

      Delete
  2. Eya candy today!
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute hippo! I agree with Andrea, your Captain Poprocks needs a girlfriends, soo... I don't know, but I'm up for a female name! xD
    Great to know that your boots are loved, though there were no doubts about it since they were oh so pretty!
    All Sophies are turning out great, I'm amazed at the amount of patience you have to go through such an intricate project, though it's definitely worth it! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valentina!! My husband says I have to wait until I know whether the hippo is coming back from the Show before she can be Mrs Poprocks - it would be too hard on the Captain to get a girlfriend for just two weeks and then say goodbye forever...

      Delete
  4. How beautiful creations, weel done!!
    Many greetings.:*

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about calling Hippo - Hip Hip Horraymas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I've just discovered your blog and wanted to say how amazing these blankets are! Just gorgeous and colourful! Good luck with the entry into the Sydney Easter Show. I've sometimes thought about entering a piece into the Royal Melbourne Show here but never get onto anything in time. Your hippo is gorgeous :) Xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle! It is high time for me to catch up on my blogreading! I love all your projects, colourful and cheerful - something to brighten things up a bit (it is grey and raining here!) Your Sophie is absolutely gorgeous and bound to be another masterpiece!!! Egggscellent!!! (as Mr Burns would say!) ;)
    Happy crocheting!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on another successful set of boots. No higher praise than that of a child - they will say what they think with brutal honesty! How lovely that you received photos of your boots with their new family. So nice. xx

      Delete