Saturday 28 March 2015

Yarn Wonderland! - International Trade Fair for Handcrafts and Hobbies

Hello!

My week wasn't quite as exciting as Michelle's (she talked about her winning at the Royal Easter Show here) but still pretty good! 

Yesterday, I jumped into a train to Cologne (about 1 1/2 hours away from here) to go to the h & h. The h & h is the International Trade Fair for Handcrafts and Hobbies. According to the webpage it is "the central meeting place for the entire handcraft industry" and it most certainly was!


I went there with the lovely Sandra from TussiTempel (go check out her shop! She makes stunning beanies!!!). We only knew each other from Facebook before but boy, we had a splendid time! She is just as crazy as I am about soft, wonderful and colourful yarn! I can tell you ... there was a lot of squealing and giggling involved! Thank you Sandra for the wonderful time!!



There were over 400 exhibitors and I think we saw most of the yarn stalls. There were heaps of them and I got to know new yarn brands and little individual makers. I wish I could tell you about all  of them but then this post would get epically long... So just some insights!



Rosy Green Yarns. Oh my! I think I am in love! So soft and such great colours!! I have far too many projects on my hand right now but I am a 100 % sure I will order yarn from them sometime this year. All of their yarns are organic. Unfortunately I didn't take pics of their stall. I think I was drooling too much to remember...



I got to see (and touch) the new Stylecraft Special DK colors! Are you jealous?! I really like the new colors and they fit well into the range! Also I got to see their Alpaca Tweed Yarn. Wow! I see beanies coming in the future...! I got to talk to the ladies at the stall and showed them Michelle's award winning blanket. Wish I could have stayed longer (touching the yarn... they must have tought I was crazy...).

There is so much more to tell but for now I'll let you enjoy the pictures!!


Take care
Anne


16 comments :

  1. Such beautiful pictures! I have massive yarn envy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have taken some of the yarn home!!! Still dreaming about it...

      Delete
  2. Wow, how I wish they organized something like this next to the place I live, it must be amazing to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite happy to learn about that fair!! We moved here two years ago and I truely enjoy the yarn fairs :D

      Delete
    2. Are you admitting that yarn was your true motivation for moving house? ;-)

      Delete
  3. I'm jealous of course .... such colors and yarns everywhere ..... you're lucky !!!! I hope you now have sweet dreams ... have a creative week !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dreaming of the yarn..... Sooooo soft and colorful...

      Delete
  4. Looks a great place to go. I love looking at yarn - and touching it - and smelling it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And holding it to one's cheek! That's what I do...

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the great time we had and your beautiful article, Anne! Love your pictures and hope there will be a revival of the 'crazy-yarn-loving-and-touching-ladies' next year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Roberta! I will visit your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a huge event. Thank you for sharing so many inspiring photographs of your day. I'm glad you had fun and made new friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love attending such fairs, and usually I go there with my friends. You know I really wish If I can attend events in New York with my all friends. Can you share how I can get tickets of events? Do I need anything more to go there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the event in Cologne? Bought the tickets online on their fair page!

      Delete